Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hand Dyed Fabrics & Vegetarian Cupcakes!!

Who says that hemp has to be one solid color? Not me! While I enjoy the look of the natural hemp fabric or even solid dyed fabrics, I wanted to create something a little different. This morning I had a field day with my low impact fiber reactive dyes. The handbags that will be made from these fabrics will not only be limited edition but OOAK (one of a kind) because I only dyed enough fabric to make one handbag. While solid (vat) dyeing achieves consistent results, the technique that I used to make these fabrics made for truly one of a kind textiles. I am of the mind set that I'd rather be individual than be like everyone else. Take a look at the newest fabrics in my handbag making stash.



On a totally different note, my little ones and I made some scrumptious vegetarian cupcakes with buttercream frosting over the weekend. These cupcakes don't contain any eggs but the buttercream frosting does contain butter which is the only milk product in both the cupcakes and frosting.



These cupcakes were SCRUMPTIOUS!!!

No comments: