Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sustainable Eco & Vegan Friendly Textile Design

Feisty Lulu Designs is gearing up to reveal the new collection of eco and vegan friendly handbags. This debut collection has been in the making for a little over 4 years and I am really happy finally happy with the fabrics and styles that are going to be offered. It really was a hard decisions to make about the fabrics because I wanted to make sure that the fabric was eco friendly and vegan not to mention stylish. No one wants to carry an unattractive handbag. I know I don't, do you?

There really isn't a large selection when it comes to finding all of those in one fabric. Yes I could have used recycled materials to make my handbags but I wanted fabric designs that no one else has or can buy. So my solution was to create my own line of textiles to use for my handbag collection and I am really happy with the outcome. Yes I am using high quality fabrics store bought fabrics in conjunction with my sustainable, eco friendly fabrics. It has made the design process even more personal and creative because I was limited to what is available to purchase.

The process of creating a truly unique handbag collection was my intention and I am glad that I was able to achieve my vision of what I want in a handbag.


1 comment:

valerio pavan said...

…Talking to the people into Patternmaking, Markermaking, and Textile Design i would like to report an interesting comment posted in BURDASTYLE blog about a wiki (Drittofilowiki) addressed to the Technical Operator in Fashion Design.

Drittofilowiki, A Wiki for Pattern makers and Textile Designers